Friday, February 18, 2011

Milk Chocolate Ice Cream from Go Fish in Napa Valley

When I organized the Cornell University Glee Club's Wine Tour in Napa Valley, we ate at a restaurant called Go Fish. Great food, but more importantly, the Milk Chocolate Ice Cream was divine. Honestly, this is some of the best ice cream I've ever had. I e-mailed the owner who I had been in touch with and she convinced the chef to give me the recipe. I highly recommend it as well as the restaurant Go Fish if you are ever in Napa Valley, CA. I saw it rated as the top fish restaurant in the area.

Without further ado:

Milk Chocolate Ice Cream- 1qt

230g Milk Chocolate
1.5C Heavy Cream
1.5C Whole Milk
150g Sugar
Pinch of Salt
4 Egg yolks
2t Brandy

Combine milk chocolate and cream in bowl set over simmering water. Stir until melted, then pour into container and set a strainer over top.
Warm milk, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
In a separate bowl, whisk yolks until combined. Temper with warm milk, then pour back into saucepan.
Stir constantly over medium heat until nappe (170 degrees).
Pour through strainer into chocolate. Add brandy. Stir to combine then chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment